- Andy Rooney has died. :-(
- There is a product called Boogie wipes.
- One suggested method for trying to get data off a dying hard drive is to stick it in the freezer.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
- The musician Kenna had trouble getting his career started because record label execs and others in the business loved him but focus groups didn't.
- St. Martha, St. Barnabus, and St. Pius have had to merge their gradeshcools because of enrollment and costs.
- A core i5 with 16gB of RAM benchmarks nicely. 5+ on Cinemark.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
- There is a device known as a jiggleometer for measuring how much someone squirms in a chair.
- When making jambalaya, you must over season the sauce so that when you add the rice the flavor is in balance.
- The Greek government's plan to hold a referendum on accepting more bailout money seems to have been scrapped.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
- There are a few species of mosquito that don't need to drink blood in order to lay eggs.
- My insurance paid for almost 90% of my hospital stay!! (Hopefully there isn't some ancillary bill that comes in a few days from now to spoil my mood.)
- UN predictions for world population in the year 2100 range from between 5.5 billion and 14 billion. (Note that the 5.5 billion is 1.5 billion lower than today, so that would indicate some sort of disaster should that end up being the case.)
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
- It is hard to restart something you stop doing.
- Kim Kardashian filed for divorce after 72 days of marriage.
- Roger Waters is scheduled to play the Yum Center on June 10, 2012.
On a side note, I stopped updating this blog when I landed in the hospital for a 4 day night stay with a nasty skin infection. That plus another 13 days of IV antibiotics at home cleared up the infection. It wasn't that I didn't learn anything in October, but after the hospital stay, I took a break from blogging about it.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Danny Sugarman died of lung cancer in 2005.
- Erin Morgenstern's book The Night Circus is selling well and drawing comparisons to Harry Potter. http://erinmorgenstern.com/tag/night-circus/
- A judge ruled that Bloomberg didn't break any laws by not promoting women who took time off for maternity leave.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- The Band REM is calling it quits
- The Devil's daughter (Not really, but actress Elizabeth Harnois played her on Point Pleasant.) is joining the cast of CSI. (On the other hand, she's Eckley's daughter, so it might still apply.)
- Dermatitis is really gross, just trust me on this one.